Bruce W. Brewer, MD, FACS
Dr. Bruce W. Brewer has been a partner at Long Island Plastic Surgical Group (LIPSG) since 1983. Dr. Brewer graduated from Brown University in 1971 and went on to receive his MD in 1975 from the State University of New York at Downstate, Brooklyn. During the next five years, he completed a General Surgery residency at North Shore University Hospital, as well as advanced plastic surgery training at Duke Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina. Dr. Brewer completed his training with the Christine Kleinert Hand Surgery Fellowship in Louisville, Kentucky in 1981.
Dr. Brewer has always maintained an interest in academics and teaching. He is Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at Cornell University Medical College. He has served as the Assistant Director of the Plastic Surgery Program at Nassau County Medical Center, where he was directly involved in the daily teaching of plastic surgery residents. Dr. Brewer is currently the Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at the North Shore University Hospital at Glen Cove. He is also actively involved in LIPSG’s clinical research trials division, helping to improve procedures and make them safer. Dr. Brewer has presented papers, instructional courses and lectures at national and internationally meetings, including conferences in Mexico, Greece, Puerto Rico, and Bermuda.
Dr. Brewer specializes in cosmetic surgery, including breast augmentation, tummy tucks, facial and nasal surgery. His reconstructive interests include breast reconstruction, post-bariatric surgery, and other procedures.
In his spare time, Dr. Brewer enjoys tennis, fishing, sailing, and photography.
- 1971-1975: M.D., State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center; Brooklyn, NY
- 1968-1971: B.A., Brown University; Providence, RI
- June-November 1981: Hand Surgery Fellowship: Christine Kleinert Hand Surgery; Louisville, KY
- 1980-1982: Residency: Plastic Surgery at Duke Medical Center; Durham, NC
- 1976-1980: Residency: General Surgery at North Shore University Hospital; Manhasset, NY
- 1975-1976: Internship: North Shore University Hospital; Manhasset, NY
- Chief of Plastic Surgery, North Shore University Hospital at Glen Cove
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Cornell University Medical College; NY
- Former Assistant Director Plastic Surgery Program, Nassau County Medical Center; East Meadow, NY
- Former Chief of Hand Surgery, North Shore University Hospital at Glen Cove
- Former Chief of Microsurgery, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, NY
- Former Assistant Director Burn Center, Nassau County Medical Center; East Meadow, NY
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Burn Association
- American Cleft Palate Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Nassau County Medical Society
- Nassau Surgical Society
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- America’s Top Surgeons , Consumer’s Research Council of America 2003-2011
- America’s Cosmetic Doctors , Consumer’s Research Council of America 2003-2011