Leland M. Deane, MD, MBA, FACS
Dr. Leland M. Deane has been a partner at Long Island Plastic Surgical Group since 1988. He obtained his MD from State University of New York Downstate Medical Center Brooklyn, New York, followed by a General Surgery internship and residency at the Tufts New-England Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Deane completed a plastic surgery residency at Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine in Norfolk, Virginia and received special training in hand surgery during a Fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Deane has authored numerous papers on various aspects of plastic surgery and continually participates in conferences within the national medical community. He is on the teaching faculty at Cornell University Medical College, fostering education for the doctors of tomorrow. Dr. Deane has led volunteer medical missions to Colombia, South America to treat congenital malformations in children. He is also a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons and a past Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Deane specializes in several plastic surgery and reconstructive procedures, including facial cosmetic surgery, breast augmentation, tummy tucks, and hair restoration. He is currently the Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Southside Hospital within the North Shore/LIJ Health System, and is on the advisory board of several patient support organizations, including Mother of Supertwins and Bariatrics Today/ObesityHelp.com. Dr. Deane is also a board member of the New York State Department of Health and Office of Professional Conduct. He has been featured and interviewed on the Wall Street Journal televised network, the Discovery Health Channel, Cablevision Network, the New York Post, and many other media sources. In 2010 and 2011, Dr. Deane was named a Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the Best of Long Island Awards hosted by Long Island Press.
- 2010: MBA, New York University; New York, New York
- 1974-1978: MD, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center; Brooklyn, New York
- 1970-1974: BS, Union College; Schenectady, New York
- January-July 1986: Fellowship: Hand Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1983-1985: Residency: Plastic Surgery at Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine; Norfolk, Virginia
- 1979-1983: Residency: General Surgery at Tufts New England Medical Center; Boston, Massachusetts
- 1978-1979: Internship: Surgery at Tufts New England Medical Center; Boston, Massachusetts
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Nassau Academy of Medicine
- Nassau County Medical Society
- Nassau Surgical Society
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Northeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Deterling Surgical Society, Tufts University
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Lipoplasty Society, Inc.
- Past Diplomat, American Board of Surgery
- Past Fellow, American Board of Pediatrics
- Voted a Best Cosmetic Surgeon, Best of Long Island, Long Island Press 2010, 2011
- Wall Street Journal Television
- ABC News
- Cable News, Channel 12
- New York Post
- Discovery Health Channel