Vincent R. DiGregorio, MD, FACS
Dr. Vincent DiGregorio is the senior surgeon at Long Island Plastic Surgical Group with more than 20 years of experience in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. DiGregorio received his MD from Albany Medical College in Albany, New York.
After his internship at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Hospital, he completed his General Surgery residency at Boston University Hospital and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. DiGregorio received his advanced residency training in Plastic Surgery at Nassau County Medical Center in East Meadow, New York.
Dr. DiGregorio specializes in a variety of plastic and reconstructive procedures, including eyelid surgery, tummy tucks, and breast reconstruction. He is especially interested in rhinoplasty and secondary nasal procedures. Dr. DiGregorio also has significant experience performing the innovative facelift technique known as the MACS Lift, which creates a youthful look with a substantially shorter scar.
Dr. DiGregorio is Chief of Plastic Surgery at Winthrop University Hospital and serves on the Advisory Board of the Adelphi New York Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline and Support Program, as well as the Board of Mission: Restore. Recently, Adelphi University appointed him as a member of their Center for Health Innovation and Advisory Board. Dr. DiGregorio also served as a Major in the United States Army.
- 1964-1968: M.D., Albany Medical College; Albany, New York
- 1960-1964: B.A., Hobart College; Geneva, New York
- 1974-1976: Residency: Plastic Surgery at Nassau County Medical Center; East Meadow, New York
- 1972-1974: Residency: General Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1969-1970: Residency: General Surgery at Boston University Hospital; Boston, Massachusetts
- 1968-1969: Internship: Cleveland Clinic Hosptial; Cleveland, Ohio
- Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Winthrop Hospital; Mineola, NY 1989 – Present
- President of Day-Op Center of Long Island; Mineola, NY 1989 – 2011
- Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, Stony Brook School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- President of Medical Staff Organization, Winthrop Hospital; Mineola, NY 1989-1992
- Vice President of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group; Garden City, NY 1986-1999
- Board Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Burn Association
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Brooklyn & Long Island Chapters of the American College of Surgeons
- Nassau County & New York State Medical Society
- DiGregorio, Vincent R ., Goodman, Steven J. Chapter on Management of Traumatic Injuries to the Nose; Dr. Robert W. Crow’s book, The Immediate Care of Facial and Soft Tissue Injuries in the Athlete , 1997.
- Bourhill, I.L, Glickman, L.T., DiGregorio, V.R ., Gudjonsson, O. Intraoperative Localization of the Injured Temporal Branch of the Facial Nerve. (Submitted for publication).
- DiGregorio, Vincent R . Two Unusual Post Burn Reconstructions Using Tissue Expansion: One Exogenous and One Endogenous: Annals of Plastic Surgery, June 1993;30:549-551.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R . Chapter on Reduction Mammaplasty Using Free Nipple Graft Technique: Pyramidal Reduction Mammaplasty; Dr. R. Barrett Noone’s book, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of the Breast , 1991.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R . Septoplasty v. SMR: changing concepts in functional septal surgery. In: DiGregorio, V.R. (contrib. ed.), Proceedings of the Nassau County Medical Society , 1986.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R . Plastic and Reconstructive surgical implications of athletics and the child. I n: E. Coryllos (ed.), Athletics and the Child. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders , Submitted for publication.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R. Functional septal surgery. In: Stephen A. Sohn (ed.), Fundamentals in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1986.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R. (ed.), Rehabilitation of the Burn Patient. Chruchill Livingstone, 1984.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R . Simple and effective treatment of interdigital burn scar contractures. J. Burn Care and Rehabilitation. 3:1, Jan/Feb., 1982.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R . Experience with the complications of percutaneous synthetic hair implantations. In: Leonard R. Rubin (ed.), Biomaterials in Reconstructive Surgery . St. Louis: Mosby, 1982.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R . and Rauscher, Gregory. Experience with the complications of synthetic hair implantations. J. Plas. Recon. Surg. 68:4, October 1981.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R. Meshed nylon overdressing for sutureless skin grafting. Ann. Plas. Surg . 1:4, July 1978.
- DiGregorio, Vincent R . Diagnosing the site nerve disruption by anatomical location. In: Leonard R. Rubin (ed.), Reanimation of the Paralyzed Face: New Approaches . St. Louis: Mosby, 1977.
Presentations and Lectures
- “20 Year Retrospective Septal Surgery” Rhinoplasty Society. Washington D.C., April 2010
- “Complications of MACS, Face Lift” International Society of Plastic Surgery. Mykonos, Greece 2009
- ” Toxic Shock Syndrome and Silicone Content Materials.” Nassau Surgical Society Clinic Day . Uniondale, NY December 2004.
- Subperiosteal Malar Fat Pad Elevation.” Nassau Surgical Society Clinic Day. Uniondale, NY December 1998.
- ” Nasal Reconstruction Using Myocutaneous Axial Flap.” Nassau Surgical Society Clinic Day . Uniondale, NY December 1997.
- “The Future of Ambulatory Surgical Centers.” AAAAPSF Symposium. Orlando , FL February 14, 1993.
- “OA/PR Requirements of JCAH/AAAHC/AAAAPSF.” AAAAPSF Symposium . Orlando, FL February 13, 1993.
- “Reduction Mammaplasty.” Nassau Surgical Society . Nassau County, NY December 6, 1992.
- “Functional Septal Surgery.” 8th Annual Meeting of the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons . Philadelphia, PA September 13 & 14, 1991.
- “Technique of Blepharoplasty Using Skin Muscle Technique.” Nassau Surgical Society Annual Meeting . Garden City, NY December 11, 1991.
- Scientific Exhibit. “Reduction Mammaplasty Using Free Nipple Technique: Pyramidal Reduction Mammaplasty.” American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. New York, NY April 28-May 3, 1991.
- Scientific Exhibit. “Dysplastic Nevus Syndrome.” Second International Conference on Malignant Melanoma. Venice, Italy October 14-22, 1989.
- “Complete Nasal Reconstruction.” Visiting Professor of Plastic Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital . Boston, MA November 1988.
- “Surgical Treatment of the Crooked Nose.” Nassau Surgical Society 24th Annual Clinic Day. Garden City, NY December 9, 1987.
- Scientific Exhibit. “Dysplastic Nevus Syndrome.” American Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, Inc . Atlanta, GA November 8-13, 1987.