Laurence T. Glickman, MD, MSc, FRCS(C), FACS
Dr. Laurence T. Glickman has been a member of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group (LIPSG) since 1991. He received his MD degree from McGill University in Montreal, Canada in 1982. He then completed his General Surgical training at McGill University’s Montreal General Hospital in 1987. Dr. Glickman also received his Masters degree in Experimental Surgery from McGill University in 1985.
Dr. Glickman became board-certified in General Surgery by the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada in 1987. He then completed his advanced residency training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Nassau County Medical Center. Continuing his education, he did a fellowship year in Peripheral Nerve and Maxillofacial Surgery at Sunnybrooke Medical Center in Toronto, Canada in 1989.
Dr. Glickman is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery. He is the former President of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group, as well as the Nassau Surgical Society and Project Morry, a non-profit camp for adolescents. Dr. Glickman also serves on the board of directors of Project Morry and travels abroad each year on volunteer medical missions with LIPSG’s not-for-profit organization, Mission: Restore.
Dr. Glickman was named one of America’s Top Surgeons by Consumer’s Research Council of America in 2011. His areas of expertise include cosmetic surgery, such as breast augmentation and tummy tucks, as well as peripheral nerve reconstruction and maxillofacial reconstruction. He is also actively involved in LIPSG’s clinical trials division, helping to improve procedures and make them safer. Additionally, Dr. Glickman devotes his time to educating plastic surgery residents in the LIPSG residency program. He enjoys hockey, playing the guitar, skiing, and raising his puppies.
- 1984-1985: M.Sc., McGill University; Montreal, Canada
- 1978-1982: M.D., McGill University; Montreal, Canada
- 1973-1977: B.A., Hamilton College; Clinton, New York
- 1989-1990: Fellowship: Peripheral Nerve & Maxillofacial Surgery, Sunnybrooke Health Science Centre, University of Toronto; Toronto, Canada
- 1987-1989: Residency: Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Nassau County Medical Center & SUNY Stony Brook; East Meadow, NY
- 1982-1987: Residency: General Surgery, Montreal General Hospital & McGill University; Montreal, Canada
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Burn Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Headache Society
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Delta Kappa Epsilon – National Fraternity
- Nassau County Medical Society
- Nassau Surgical Society
- New York Regional Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
Honors and Awards
- America’s Top Surgeons, Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2002, 2011
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who, 2003
- The Dr. Steve Show, WPIX “Anti-Age Treatments,” March 2012
- Newsday Long Island “Tattoo Removal,” March 2012
- Plastic Surgery Practice Magazine “On the State of Hand Reconstruction”, April 2010
- Plastic Surgery Practice Blog “Nip Tuck Gets it Wrong Again”, January 2010
- Plastic Surgery Practice Magazine “Following New Paths in Breast Reconstruction”, October 2008
- Discovery Health Channel: Plastic Surgery New York Style
- Newsday Long Island “Forever Young”, June 2001
- Melendez, M. Dellon, L., Glickman, L. Peroneal Nerve Compression in Figure Skaters, Clin.Res. Foot Ankle 1:1, 2013
- Shteynberg, A., Sayeed, S., Riina, L. Glickman, L., Simpson, L. “Ultrasound Guided Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve (LFCN) Block: Safe and Simple Anesthesia for Harvesting Skin Grafts.” (in press)
- Gonzalez, M., Glickman, LT, Quality of Life after Breast Reduction Surgery : A 10 year Retrospective Analysis Utilizing the Breast Q Questionnaire: Does breast size matter, Ann Plas Surg. 2012: 69:361-363
- Sayeed, S., Glickman, L.T., Management of Recurrent Ischemic Fasciitis, A Rare Soft Tissue Pseudosarcoma, ( Submitted)
- Najera.R, Asheld,W., Sayeed, S. Glickman,L.T., Comparison of Seroma Formation following Abdominoplasty with or without Liposuction, Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 127: 417, 2011.
- Shteynberg, A. , Sayeed, S., Riina,L., Glickman L., Simpson, R., Ultrasound Guided Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve (LFCN) Block: Reliable and Safe Anesthesia for Harvesting Skin Grafts. Journal of Burn Care & Research. March 2010 (Vol 31; Issue 2; p. S61)
- Mir, T, Layliev, J, Glickman, L. T. Massive Spontaneous Hematoma from Chronic Enoxaparin (Lovenox) Use, Plast. Reconstr.Surg. 126: 209 e, 2010.
- Danielpour, P., Glickman, L.T., Scar Endometriosis-A Rare Cause for a Painful Scar-A Case Report and Review of the Literature, Can. J. Plas. Surg. 18: 19, 2010.
- Koumanis, DJ, Glickman LT, Facial Neurothekeoma in a 10-year-old child, Can.J. Plast. Surg. 2007; 15(3): 175-177
- Riina, L.H., Simpson, R.L., Gudjonsson, O., Glickman, L.T., Harris, S.U., Johnson, D.,Ginocchio, M.: Burn Injury in Kitchen Workers: A Cause for Precaution. J. Burn Care Rehabilitation. 2000, 21(6) 563-564.
- De la Torre, J., Glickman, L.T., Simpson, R.L.: A New Nerve Grafting Technique: The Multigraft Unit, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 1999, 103 (2):742.
- Glickman, L.T., Simpson, R.L.: Cross Facial Nerve Grafting for Facial Reanimation: Effects on Normal Hemiface Motion, J. Reconstructive Microsurgery 12:99, 1996.
- Glickman, L.T., Rubin, I., Douglas, B.K., Gold, A.H., Irradiated Cartilage Grafts in Rhinoplasty: A Preliminary Report: Canadian J. Plastic Surgery: 5A, 1994.
- Glickman, L.T., Brewer, B.W.: Extensor Digitorum Brevis Manus: Report of a Case and Treatment Planning, Canadian J. Plastic Surgery.1 (2): 95-96, 1994.
- Glickman, L.T., Lee, G.W.: The Modified Open Rhinoplasty, Canadian J. Plastic Surgery 1:131- 136, 1993.
- Glickman, L.T., McCabe, S.J., Murray, J.F.: Osteoid Osteoma of the Hamate, Report of a Case Review of the Literature, Annals of Plastic Surgery, 31:87-90, 1993.
- MacKinnon, S.E., Glickman, L.T., Dagum, A.: A Technique for the Treatment of Neuroma Incontinuity, Journal of Reconstruction Microsurgery, 85:379 – 383, 1992.
- Glickman, L.T., Gruss, J.S., Birt, B.D., Kohil-Dang, N.: The Surgical Management of Melkersson-Rosenthal Syndrome. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 89:815 – 821, 1992.
- Glickman, L.T., MacKinnon, S.E., Rao, T.V., McCabe, S.J.: Continuous Intravenous Regional Anesthesia, J. Hand Surgery. 17A: 82 – 6, 1992.
- McCabe, S.J., Mizgala, C., Glickman, L.T.: The Measurement of Cold Sensitivity in the Hand, J. Hand Surgery: 16A 1037 – 1040, 1991.
- Glickman, L.T., MacKinnon, S.E.: Sensory Recovery Following Digital Replantation, Microsurgery 11:236-242, 1990.
- Fried, G.M., Suissa, S., Glickman, L.T., Huckell, C.: Determinants of Mortality in Surgically Treated Acute Small Bowel Obstruction, Can. J. Surgery. 31(4), 280, 1988 (abstract).
- Glickman, L.T., Suissa, S., Fleiszer, D.M.: The Proliferative Characteristics of Colonic Crypt Cells in C57B1/6J and A/J, Mice as Predictors of Subsequent Tumor Formation, Cancer Research 47:5766 – 5770, 1987.
- Glickman, L.T., Senterman, M.K., Fleiszer, D.M.: 1, 2 – Dimethylhydrazine Induced Nuclear Aberrations in C57B1/6J and A/J, Mice as Predictors of Subsequent Tumor Formation, J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 79: 499 – 507, 1987.
- Glickman, L.T., Senterman, M.K., Fleiszer, D.M.: The Nuclear Aberration Index Assay as a Market for Colonic Carcinogen Exposure, Current Surgery. 43 (5): 410 – 413, 1986.
- Karam, P.G., Novick, R.J., Glickman, L.T., Blundell, P.E.: Right Hemothorax: An Unusual Presentation of Ruptured Infrarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Canada J. Surgery. 29: 133-134, 1986.
- Glickman, L.T., Fleiszer, D.M.: The Proliferative Characteristics of Colonic Crypt Cells as Predictors of Subsequent Tumor Formation, Surgical Forum 36: 405 – 408, 1985.