David Mattos, MD, MBA
Dr. David Mattos is a Harvard-trained, board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. He received a bachelor’s with high honors from Harvard College and went on to complete the dual MD/MBA with honors at Harvard Medical School and Harvard Business School. His continued success in medicine helped him match into the Harvard Combined Plastic Surgery Residency Program, where he served as Chief Resident at the Massachusetts General Hospital and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital. His fellow residents further elected him Chief Resident Representative and gave him the Resident Teacher of the Year Award.
Clinically, he seeks to provide individualized care and help his patients achieve balanced, natural results. He has an aesthetic interest in rhinoplasty, facial optimization (surgical and non-surgical), eyelid surgery, abdominoplasty, breast surgery, and liposuction. He has extensive reconstructive training, including cutting-edge breast cancer reconstruction, craniofacial trauma, migraine surgery, nerve surgery of the extremities, and Mohs reconstruction. He is currently a candidate member for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
Follow Dr. Mattos
Dr. Mattos is also passionate about research and has authored numerous publications in peer-reviewed plastic surgery journals and presented at national conferences. Outside of the hospital, he has spent years mentoring students interested in medicine and surgery successfully navigate the admissions process.
Dr. Mattos is a native Spanish speaker, an avid sports, and a lifelong Yankee fan. In his spare time, he enjoys skiing, traveling, and spending time with his wife and daughter.
If you have any questions and would like to email Dr. Mattos, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Dr. David Mattos
What Patients Have to Say About Dr. Mattos
5 Star Patient Rating
I am very thankful and blessed by what Dr. Mattos has done to seriously change my life and confidence with a breast reduction surgery. This whole experience was wonderful from beginning to end. The fact that he would always be so kind, being a husband and father, to take the time to respond to all of my texts and messages, I am forever grateful. I also cannot give enough praise to the staff, who was so efficient and helped the process go smoothly. Thank you Manhaz, and to Angelica, who really by name is an angel, had such a great attitude and never let me leave without making sure I understood and was good with everything. Again, Dr. Mattos is an awesome doctor and one who truly cares for his patients from beginning to the very end. One of the best decisions and experiences of my life!! I have and will continue to refer anyone to see Dr. Mattos without question.
Real Patient Testimonial
- 2009 – 2014: Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Doctor of Medicine, Honors Graduate
- 2012 – 2014: Harvard Business School, Boston, MA, Master of Business Administration
- 2005 – 2009: Harvard College, Cambridge, MA, Bachelor of Arts, High Honors in Molecular in Cellular Biology
- 2019 – 2020: Harvard Plastic Surgery Residency Program, Boston, MA, Chief Resident
- 2014 – 2019: Harvard Plastic Surgery Residency Program, Boston, MA, Resident Physician
- 2020-Present: Member, Young Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons Committee, ASAPS
- 2018 – Present: Member, Healthcare Delivery Subcommittee, ASPS
- Candidate member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Candidate member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- 2019-2020: Resident Teacher of the Year, Harvard Plastic Surgery Residency Program
- 2019-2020: Chief Resident Representative, Harvard Plastic Surgery Residency Program
- 2019: ASERF Plastic Surgery Travel Scholarship
- 2014: Scientific Advisory Committee Meeting Poster of Distinction Award, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 2008: Harvard College Research Program Grant Award
- 2007: Harvard Club of Washington, D.C. Community Service Fellowship Award
- 2007: Harvard Institute of Politics Summer Stipend Award
- 2005: Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship
- 2005: Miami-Dade County Fair and Exposition Scholarship
- 2005: Mas Canosa Family Scholarship
- 2005: Valedictorian, American Senior High School, Miami, FL
- Mattos D, Ko JH, Iorio ML. Intercarpal and Radiocarpal Arthrodesis with the Vascularized Medial Femoral Condyle Flap Following Septic Arthritis. Microsurgery. September 2018; Epub ahead of print.
- Pfaff M, Morrison SD, Rezzadeh K, Januszyk M, Delong MR, Lee JC, Rudkin G, Mattos D, Alcon A, et al. Evaluation of the Integrated Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Prerequisite Core Surgical Training Experience: A Residents’ Perspective. Annals of Plastic Surgery. Accepted 2018; Publication date pending.
- Mattos D, Diamond S, Chattha AS, Riesel JN, Iorio ML. Venous Anastomoses in Anterolateral Thigh Flaps for the Lower Extremity: Vessel Selection in lieu of Obligatory Number. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2018; Epub ahead of print.
- Mattos D, Liao EC. Reply: Lifetime costs of prophylactic mastectomies and reconstruction versus surveillance. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 138(1):152e-3e.
- Mattos D, Gfrerer L, Ling IT, Reish RG, Hughes KS, Halpern EF, Cetrulo C, Colwell AS, Winograd JM, Yaremchuk MJ, Austen WG, Liao EC. Occult histopathology and its predictors in contralateral and bilateral prophylactic mastectomies. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015; Nov 17 Epub ahead of print.
- Mattos D, Gfrerer L, Reish RG, Hughes KS, Cetrulo C, Colwell AS, Winograd JM, Yaremchuk MJ, Austen WG, Liao EC. Lifetime costs of prophylactic mastectomies and reconstruction versus surveillance. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015; 136(6):730e-40e.
- Nyame TT, Mattos D, Lian CG, Granter SR, Laga AC, Caterson EJ. Malignant eccrine spiradenoma of the face. J Craniofac Surg. 2015; 26(5):1711-1712.
- Gfrerer L, Mattos D, Mastroianni M, Weng QY, Ricci JA, Heath MP, Lin A, Specht MC, Haynes AB, Austen WG, Liao EC. Assessment of Patient Factors, Surgeons, and Surgeon Teams in Immediate Implant Based Breast Reconstruction Outcomes. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2015; 135(2):245e-252e.
- Tessler O, Mattos D, Vorstenbosch J, Jones D, Winograd JM, Liao EC, Austen WG. A Methodological Analysis of the Plastic Surgery Cost-Utility Literature Using Established Guidelines. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014; 133(4):584e-592e.
View Our Locations
- Garden City
- Manhattan Midtown
- Manhattan Uptown
- East Hills
- Brooklyn – Park Slope