George D. Xipoleas, MD, FACS
George D. Xipoleas, MD, FACS
Dr. George Xipoleas is a board-certified plastic surgeon and has been a partner at Long Island Plastic Surgical Group since 2017. As an undergraduate student, Dr. Xipoleas attended SUNY Stony Brook University where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemical Sciences. He then earned his Medical Degree from Mount Sinai School of Medicine and completed his plastic surgery residency at The Mount Sinai Hospital. Prior to joining Long Island Plastic Surgical Group in 2013, Dr. Xipoleas was a fellow at The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary specializing in aesthetic surgery. Currently, Dr. Xipoleas is the Director of Plastic Surgery at Mount Sinai South Nassau.
Dr. Xipoleas is well versed in the latest techniques in aesthetic enhancement. His areas of cosmetic expertise include breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift, abdominoplasty, and fat transfer. He also specializes in minimally invasive treatments including injectables and fillers.
Additionally, Dr. Xipoleas performs a wide array of reconstructive procedures such as lower extremity reconstruction, Mohs reconstruction, and breast reconstruction. He also performs many procedures following breast cancer including oncoplastic reconstruction, implant-based reconstruction, autologous tissue-based reconstruction (DIEP, TUG, TRAM flaps), and lymph node transfer for lymphedema.
Meet Dr. George D. Xipoleas
5 Star Patient Rating
From the first day when I met Dr. Xipoleas I have had nothing but faith in him and his team. Having the confidence in them that I do has made it so easy to concentrate on my recovery. The peace of mind I have now in remission would not have been possible without them. I cannot speak highly enough of the whole practice.
Real Patient Testimonial
- 2002-2006: Doctor of Medicine Degree– Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- 1998-2002: Bachelor of Science Summa Cum Laude in Biochemical Sciences– SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
- 2012–2013: Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship– The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York, NY
- 2006- 2013: Plastic Surgery Residency– The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Hellenic Medical Society
- Nassau Medical Society
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery
- The Rural Medical Clinic of Sparta, 2007, 2013
- Juan Pablo Pina Hospital, San Cristóbal, Dominican Republic, 2009
Honors & Awards
- Long Island Choice Awards, Best Cosmetic Surgeon, 2021
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor, New York Metro Area, 2020-2021
- Dreiling Award for Surgical Excellence
- Member of the Stony Brook Honors College
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Awarded for Undergraduate Achievement
- New York Times, Super Doctors Rising Stars, 2018, 2019, 2020
- New York Times, Super Doctors 2021
- Microsurgical Facial Reanimation in Children Less Than Three Years Old: The Case for Early Intervention. The Plastic Surgery Research Council 57th Annual Meeting, Ann Arbor, Michigan, June 2012.
- Microsurgical Facial Reanimation in Children Less Than Three Years Old: The Case for Early Intervention (Awarded First Place). New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons Resident Night, New York, NY, March 20
- The Muscle-Sparing Microvascular Supercharged TRAM Flap: The Evolution of the Supercharged TRAM Flap and Microsurgical Facial Reanimation in Children Less Than Three Years Old: The Case for Early Intervention. The American Society of Plastic Surgery Senior Residents Conference, Tampa, FL, January 2012.
- Maximizing Aesthetics and Safety in Lower Extremity Contouring: The Circumferential Thigh Lift and Vertical Extension Circumferential Thigh Lift. Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons 27th Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C, October 2010.
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS): Cholecystectomy. Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract 50th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, May 2009.
- Presentation of purpose, methods, and progress of project. SUNY Stony Brook, Chemistry Research Day,Stony Brook, NY, March 2001 & 2002.
- Presentation of purpose, methods, and progress of project, followed by formal question/answer period. American Chemical Society 50th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium, Hofstra University, Uniondale, NY, May 2002.
- Presentation of purpose, methods, and progress of project, followed by formal question/answer period. American Chemical Society 49th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium, Pace University, New York, NY, May 2001.
- Xipoleas GD, Villanueva NL, Ting J. “Trans-scaphoid Trans-lunotriquetral Perilunate Dislocation in a Patient with a Carpal Coalition”, Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2014 Jun 6; 2(5): e144.
- Xipoleas GD, Rose EH, Taub PJ. “Abstract 5: Microsurgical Facial Reanimation in Children Less Than Three Years Old: The Case for Early Intervention”, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 2012 July; 130(1S):14.
- Lenyoun EH, Lampert J, Xipoleas G, MD, Taub PJ., “Salvage of Calvarial Bone Graft Using Alloderm in Nasal Reconstruction and Secondary Rhinoplasty for Frontal Dysplasia”, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2011 May;22(4):1378-82.
- Kolker AR, Xipoleas G. “The Circumferention Thigh Lift and Vertical Extension Circumferential Thigh Lift: Maximizing Aesthetics and Safety in Lower Extremity Contouring”, Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2011 May;66(5):452-6.
- Xipoleas G, Levine E, Silver L, Koch RM, Taub PJ. “A Survey of Microvascular Protocols for Lower-Extremity Free Tissue Transfer II: Postoperative Care”, Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2008 Sep;61(3):280-4.
- Xipoleas G, Levine E, Silver L, Koch RM, Taub PJ.. “A Survey of Microvascular Protocols for Lower-Extremity Free Tissue Transfer I: Perioperative Anticoagulation”, Annals of Plastic Surgery. 2007
View Our Locations
- Garden City
- Manhattan Midtown
- Manhattan Uptown
- East Hills
- Brooklyn – Park Slope