Brian A. Pinsky, MD, FACS
Brian A. Pinsky, MD, FACS
Dr. Pinsky is a board-certified plastic surgeon and has been a part of New York Plastic Surgical Group, a Division of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group since 2012. He is also the Chief of Hand Surgery at Nassau University Medical Center (NUMC).
He performs a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures including breast augmentation, breast reduction, abdominoplasty, rhinoplasty, and injectable treatments to enhance facial features. He is also very experienced in reconstructive surgical procedures including skin cancer reconstruction and breast cancer reconstruction, and specializes in complex hand and wrist injuries, nerve repair, rheumatoid arthritis, as well as the treatment of Dupuytren’s disease. To learn more about hand injuries and conditions treated by Dr. Pinsky, visit our Institute for Hand Surgery website. Additionally, Dr. Pinsky performs gender affirming surgical procedures for transgender patients, including facial surgery, transmasculine top surgery, and transfeminine breast augmentation.
Dr. Pinsky received his undergraduate degree in 1999 from the University of Pennsylvania and completed the pre-medical program at Boston University in 2000. During this time, he also participated in Boston Medical Center’s Child Life Program, where he helped children and families cope with the stress caused by hospitalization and illness. He obtained his medical degree at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Ohio in 2005 and went on to complete a residency program in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York in 2011. Dr. Pinsky then received specialty training in Hand and Microsurgery during a fellowship at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California.
Follow Dr. Pinsky
In 2011, Dr. Pinsky traveled to Lima, Peru with the non-profit organization, KomedyPlast, performing volunteer pediatric surgery on children with complex craniofacial deformities such as craniosynostosis, Apert Syndrome, and cleft lip and palate repair. He has also contributed to numerous articles and presentations educating peers on the latest advancements in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
During his spare time, Dr. Pinsky enjoys golfing, cooking, and spending time with his family.
Meet dr. Brian A. Pinsky
5 Star Patient Rating
Dr. Pinsky is hands down the most amazing surgeon. I couldn’t be happier with my outcome. Gentle, kind, and a perfectionist!! If you want perfection, compassion, and an amazing surgeon he’s the surgeon to call.
Real Patient Testimonial
- 2001-2005: MD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine; Cleveland, OH
- 1999-2000: Post-baccalaureate Certificate, Premedical Program at Boston University; Boston, MA
- 1995-1999: BA with Honors in Psychology, Cum Laude Graduate, The University of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, PA
- 2014: Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand (formerly CAQ Hand)
- 2012: Certification in Hyperbaric Medicine
- 2011-2012: Fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery, UCLA Medical Center; Los Angeles, CA
- 2005-2011: Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Mount Sinai Hospital; New York, NY
Honors & Awards
- New York Times, Super Doctors Rising Stars, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor NY Metro Area, 2017-2021
- RealSelf Top Contributor Award for Enduring Commitment to Consumer Education, 2017
- RealSelf Top Doctor Award for Enduring Commitment to Consumer Education, 2016
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, 2016
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of The Hand
- American Association of Hand Surgery
- New York Regional Society
- Nassau County Medical Society
- Suffolk County Medical Society
- 2013-Present: Assistant Clinical Professor in Plastic Surgery, Stony Brook University
- 2011: Medical Volunteer, KomedyPlast; Lima, Peru
- 2001: Child Life Volunteer, Boston Medical Center; Boston, MA
- 1999: Volunteer Child Advocate, Court Appointed Special Advocates; Philadelphia, PA
- Pinsky B. Hernandez-Rose J, Villanueva N, Factor S, Taub P., Maxillofacial Hardware Complications and Indications for Salvage. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Vol 127 (55). May 2011 Supplement.
- Guyuron B. and Pinsky B., Calibrated Lateral Crus Stabilizer. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2005 Nov; 116(6): 1776-9.
- Pinsky, Brian A and Shores, Jaimie T. Congenital Hand Anomalies. Chapter in Current Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. McGraw-Hill. (In Press)
- Taub, Peter J and Pinsky, Brian A. Periorbital Reconstruction. E-publication. The American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons Hyperguide. January 2012.
- Taub, Peter J and Pinsky, Brian A. Rebuilding the nose: functional and aesthetic objectives must be considered when choosing gafts and flaps for nasal reconstruction. Plastic Surgery Products. April 1, 2007.
- Pinsky, BA, Hernandez-Rosa J, Villanueva N, Factor SH, Taub PJ. “Maxillofacial Hardware Complications and Indications for Salvage”- Plastic Surgery Senior Resident Conference, January 2011, Plastic Surgery Research Council Annual Meeting, Louisville, KY, April 2011.
- Hunt, Thomas R III MD, Seitz, William H Jr. MD, Pinsky, Brian, BA, Greenwald, Seth DPhil, Oxon. “Scaphoid Fracture Repair, A Biomechanical Comparison of Contemporary Cancellous Bone Screws.” American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons Annual Meeting; San Francisco, CA. March 10-14, 2004. (Poster Presentation)
View Our Locations
- Brooklyn – Park Slope
- East Hills
- Garden City
- Manhattan Uptown