Finny George, MD
Finny George, MD
Dr. Finny George joined New York Plastic Surgical Group, a Division of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group in 2016 and became a partner in 2022. Dr. George was selected from among the top graduating high school students in New York to attend an accelerated 7-year combined undergraduate and medical school education from CUNY Sophie Davis and SUNY Upstate Medical University. He received his Bachelor of Science degree and Doctor of Medicine in 2004 and 2006, respectively. He went on to complete a residency in general surgery at the New York Medical College in Westchester. During this time, he also completed a research fellowship at the Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at NYU Langone Medical Center. Dr. George completed his plastic surgery residency in 2015 at Montefiore Medical Center. Following this, he obtained specialty training in reconstructive microsurgery with a fellowship at the nation’s top cancer hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering. In 2022, Dr. George was named to Newsweek’s list of America’s Best Plastic Surgeons recognized for liposuction.
Follow Dr. George
Dr. George performs a range of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures of the breast and body. This includes breast cancer reconstruction using microvascular surgery including the DIEP flap. He specializes in breast augmentation, liposuction, Brazilian Butt Lift and abdominoplasty.
In his leisure time, Dr George enjoys spending time with his family.
What Patients Have to Say About Dr. George
5 Star Patient Rating
Dr. George and the staff at LIPSG are all beyond amazing. I felt comfortable from the initial consultation through each post op appointment. No matter what time, day or night, no matter how many questions, Dr. George and everyone at LIPSG would keep in touch to make sure I was doing well during my lengthy recovery. My journey through the process has been life changing, I finally love my appearance again. There are not enough words to express my gratitude. Dr.George, your work is breathtaking, thank you for changing my life.
Real Patient Testimonial
- 2004-2006: M.D., SUNY Upstate Medical University
- 1999-2004: B.S./M.D., CUNY Sophie Davis
- 2015-2016: Microsurgery Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- 2012-2015: Plastic Surgery Residency, Albert Einstein/Montefiore
- 2009-2012: General Surgery Residency, New York Medical College, Westchester
- 2008-2009: Research Fellowship, IRPS Labs NYU Langone Medical Center
- 2006-2008: General Surgery Residency, New York Medical College, Westchester
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- George F, Matros E. Operative Techniques in Head and Neck Reconstructive Surgery, Chapter 3: Scalp Reconstruction with Rotation Flaps. Wolters Kluwer, 2020
- George F, Matros E. Operative Techniques in Head and Neck Reconstructive Surgery, Chapter 4: Scalp Reconstruction with Free Flaps. Wolters Kluwer, 2020
- George F, Matros E. Operative Techniques in Head and Neck Reconstructive Surgery, Chapter 5: Scalp Reconstruction with Tissue Expansion. Wolters Kluwer, 2020
- Wetterau M, George F, Weinstein A, Nguyen P, Tutela J, Knobel D, Cohen O, Warren S, Saadeh P. Topical prolyl hydroxylase domain-2 silencing improves diabetic murine wound closure. Wound Repair and Regeneration. 2011
- Buch K, George F, Conigliaro J, Weber K, Divino C. Using Radiologoical Imaging to Differentiate Appendicitis from Fibroids in Gravid Patients. Surgical Rounds, Nov. 2006
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons – September 2015
George F, Samson W, Smith M, Sultan M. Downsizing the breast augmentation patient.
- 1st World Conference on Abdominal Wall Surgery – April 2015
F. Baccay, S. Cate, F. George, D. Cho, H, Aleyahemu, I, Lo. Novel Surgical Paradigm and Technique: Applying Physics and Civil Engineering to Incisional/Ventral Hernia Repairs
- Wound Healing Society – April 2010
Wetterau M, George F, Weinstein A, Nguyen P, Tutela J, Knobel D, Cohen O, Warren S, Saadeh P. Topical prolyl hydroxylase domain-2 silencing improves diabetic murine wound closure.
- 8th Annual Louis Del Guercio Research and Lectureship Day – Nov 2009
George F, Nguyen P, Tutela J, Warren S, Saadeh P. RNA interference of PHD-2 promotoes neovascularization and improved diabetic wound healing.
- VH Kazanjian Lecturship – April 2009
George F, Nguyen P, Tutela J. Warren S, Saadeh P. PHD-2 silencing using siRNA.
- 54th Annual Plastic Surgery Research Council Meeting – May 2009
George F, Nguyen P, Tutela J, Warren S, Saadeh P. RNA interference of Prolyl hydroxylase domain-2 as a potential promoter of neovascularization and improved diabetic wound healing.
- July 2022: Newsweek’s list of America’s Best Plastic Surgeons, Liposuction
- New York Times, Super Doctors Rising Stars, 2020, 2021
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor NY Metro Area 2020-2021
View Our Locations
- Brooklyn – Park Slope
- East Hills
- Garden City
- Manhattan Uptown