Noël B. Natoli, MD
Dr. Noël Natoli joined Long Island Plastic Surgical Group in 2011.Dr. Natoli is a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgeons. She received her undergraduate degree at The College of William & Mary and obtained her Doctorate of Medicine from Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. She went on to complete a combined residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, where she served as a Chief Resident in her final year of training. She then went on to the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia for a Microsurgical Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Here she also trained at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia and Chang Gung Memorial Hospital at Linkou in Taiwan as part of her specialized fellowship training. While at the University of Pennsylvania, she focused on autologous breast reconstruction and was also a surgical team member for the planning and development of the hand transplant program at Penn.
As a rising leader in the field of plastic surgery, Dr. Natoli has contributed to numerous articles, presentations, and research projects, and is a member of many professional affiliations, such as American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery and the Association of Women Surgeons. Dr. Natoli was honored for volunteering in Haiti with Operation Smile by the Penn State Department of Surgery after the earthquake in 2010.
Dr. Natoli specializes in general Plastic and Reconstructive surgery with a focus in natural breast reconstruction using microsurgical techniques and cosmetic breast surgery, as well as female rejuvenation. She is also licensed in Montana where she travels to provide plastic and reconstructive surgery at St. James Hospital in Butte. Here she has paired with a breast surgeon and general surgeon to provide breast reconstruction and other reconstructive needs to patients not previously serviced by reconstructive surgeons.
- 2001-2005: M.D., Upstate Medical University, College of Medicine, Syracuse, NY
- 1997-2001: B.S., The College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- 2010- 2011: Microsurgery Fellow in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- 2009-2010: Chief Resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Penn State, Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- 2005-2009: Resident in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Penn State, Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- American Board of Plastic Surgery – Diplomate
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons – Active Member
- American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery – Active Member
- Operation Smile- Haiti Relief- Member of the third team assisting with earthquake relief effort. Surgical team member at “Love A Child” in Fond Parisien, Feb, 2010.
- Public Service Announcements ABC, NBC local news, Harrisburg, PA; Patriot-News, Harrisburg, PA, 2010
- Graduate Student Council, 2004-2005
- Plastic Surgery Interest Club- Founder & President, Upstate Medical University @ Syracuse, 2004-2005
- Anatomy Course Teaching Assistant, 2004-2005
- College of Medicine Student Admissions, 2003-2005
- SC HOPE Homeless Clinic, 2002-2005
Publications & Presentations
- Natoli, NB MD, Wu, LC MD. Vascular Variations of the TUG Flap in Consideration for Breast Reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg. 2014 Jan 7. [Epub ahead of print]
- Patel SA, Pang JH, Natoli NB, Gallagher S, Topham N. Reliability of venous couplers for microanastomosis of the venae comitantes in free radial forearm flaps for head and neck reconstruction. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2013 Sep;29(7):433-6. doi: 10.1055/s-0033-1343835. Epub 2013 Apr 15.
- Vakharia K, Natoli N, Johnson TS. Stereolithography Aided
Reconstruction of the Mandible. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
2012 Jan;129(1):194e-195e. doi: 10.1097/PRS.0b013e3182365d51.
- Mirzabiegi, MN BS, Au A MD, Jandali S MD, Natoli NB MD, Sbitany H MD, Serletti JM MD FACS. Trials andTribulations With the Inferior Gluteal Artery Perforator (IGAP) Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Dec;128(6):614e-24e.
- Natoli, NB, Patel S, Gallagher S, Topham N, Devarajan K. Reliability of Venous Couplers for Microanastamosis of the Venae Comitantes in Free Radial Forearm Flaps. Presented at WSRM: June, 2011- Helsinki, Finland.
- Natoli, NB MD, Leber, D MD. Revisiting the Role of the Tail of the Helix in Otoplasty. Presented at Penn State Research Day, 2010.
- Mirzabiegi, MN BS, Au A MD, Jandali S MD, Natoli NB MD, Sbitany H MD, Serletti JM MD FACS. Trials and Tribulations with the Inferior Gluteal Artery Perforator (IGAP) Flap in Autologous Breast Reconstruction. Manuscript accepted to PRS. 2010
- Grunfeld R, Roghani R, Hazard SW, Hancey J, Natoli NB, Noone R, Ehrlich HP, Mackay DR, Miraliakbari R: Temporal Differences In Fibroblast Function And Cytokine Levels In Acute And Chronic VAC®-Treated Wounds. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Vol 120 Number 1S July 2007.
- Grunfeld R, Roghani R, Hazard SW, Hancey J, Natoli NB, Noone R, Ehrlich HP, Mackay DR, Miraliakbari R: The Evaluation Of VAC® Wound Fluid From Diabetic And Non-Diabetic Wounds: Levels Of VEGF, Il-1, EDA-Fibronectin, Collagen, Correlation With Fibroblast Migration. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.Vol 120 Number 1S July 2007.
- Roghani R, Grunfeld R, Hazard SW, Hancey J, Natoli NB, Ehrlich HP, Mackay DR, Miraliakbari R: Effects of Diabetes on IL-1-¬ in VAC¬-Treated Wounds. Journal of Surgical Research 137(2): 293, February, 2007.