Roger L. Simpson, MD, MBA, FACS
Roger L. Simpson, MD, MBA, FACS
Dr. Roger L. Simpson has been a partner at New York Plastic Surgical Group, a Division of Long Island Plastic Surgical Group since 1981 and served as President of the practice from 2013-2018. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Brussels, School of Medicine in 1974. In addition, Dr. Simpson completed both his General Surgery and Plastic Surgery residencies at Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, NY.
Dr. Simpson received certification from the American Board of Surgery in 1980 and the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1981. Subsequently, he completed a prestigious fellowship in Hand Surgery at the Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City in 1981, attaining the Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery.
From 1989-2022, Dr. Simpson served as the Director of the Residency Training Program in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Nassau University Medical Center. He previously held several additional positions at Nassau University Medical Center, including Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Director of the Burn Center, and Chief of the Hand Surgery Service. He is currently the Board of Director Emeritus at the Nassau County Firefighters Burn Center Foundation.
In addition to his expertise in burn reconstruction, hand surgery, and facial cosmetic surgery, which includes facelifts, neck lifts, eyelid surgery, and rhinoplasty, Dr. Simpson also specializes in treatment for facial paralysis. As the Director of LIPSG’s Center for Facial Paralysis, Dr. Simpson continues the fundamental work of Dr. Leonard Rubin in techniques of reanimation of the paralyzed face. Other positions of leadership include the past President of the Medical Staff at Nassau University Medical Center and former Chief of Plastic Surgery at Mercy Hospital Medical Center in Rockville Centre, New York. As a teaching professional, Dr. Simpson is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery at the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Dr. Simpson has addressed professional colleagues at numerous symposia and workshops throughout the United States, Europe, and Japan. He has published his work in textbooks and professional and academic journals on topics relating to plastic and reconstructive surgery, facial paralysis, burn reconstruction, and hand surgery.
Meet Dr. Roger L. Simpson
5 Star Patient Rating
There is no better doctor than Dr. Simpson. He has it all- empathy, kindness, skill, knowledge, expertise, experience,- you name it he has it. You are in the best hands with him. He listens and provides the best possible care any patient could ever want. I would give him 10 stars if I could. I LOVE him.
Real Patient Testimonial
- 2000-2002: University of Phoenix; Phoenix, Arizona – M.B.A.
- 1968-1974: University of Brussels; Brussels, Belgium – M.D.
- 1964-1968: Syracuse University; Syracuse, New York – B.S.
- 1980-1981: Fellowship: Hand Surgery, The Roosevelt Hospital; New York, New York
- 1978-1980: Residency: Plastic Surgery, Nassau County Medical Center; East Meadow, New York
- 1974-1978: Residency: General Surgery, Nassau County Medical Center; East Meadow, New York
- February-April 1974: Internship: Medical-Cardiology, Hadassah Hospital; Jerusalem, Israel
- 1973-1974: Internship: Medical Surgical Rotating, St. Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- The New York Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- J. William Littler Society (Hand Surgery)
- The Hand Forum
- American Burn Association
- New York Academy of Medicine
- New York State Medical Society
- Nassau County Medical Society
- Arthritis Foundation, Long Island Division, Rheumatic Disease
- Regional Emergency Medical Services Council of New York- Burn Committee
- Arthritis Foundation, Long Island Division, Rheumatic Disease
- Nassau County Volunteer Firefighters Burn Foundation
- The Plastic Surgery Research Council
- New York Times, Super Doctors, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor NY Metro Area 2002-2023
- Newsday Top Doctor Award 2010 – 2018
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America®, 1996-2016
- Humanitarian Service Award 2014 RotaCare – Rotary International
- Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council’s Theodore Roosevelt Award 2014
- Hero in Health recipient – NuHealth Corporation June 2013
- U.S. News and World Report’s List of Top Doctors 2011
- Nassau Surgical Society Distinguished Service Award 2009
- CONTEMPORARY SOLUTIONS FOR THE TREATMENT OF FACIAL NERVE PARALYSIS, Marcus, Klebuc, Hadlock, Simpson, Garcia, Zenn. PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, 135(6):1025e-1046e, June 2015.
- ULTRASOUND GUIDED LATERAL FEMORAL CUTANEOUS NERVE (LFCN) BLOCK: SAFE AND SIMPLE ANASTHESIA FOR HARVESTING SKIN GRAFTS, Shteynberg, A., Glickman, L., Simpson, R., Burns 39(1), 146-9, 2013.
- CLINICAL COMMENTARY, CHAPTERS: TEMPORALIS MUSCLE AND MASSETER MUSCLE, in Reconstructive Surgery: Anatomy, Technique, and Clinical Application, eds.: Zenn, M. and Jones, G., Quality Medical Publishing, St. Louis, in press, February 2012.
- QUALITY OF LIFE AFTER BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY A 10 YEAR RETROSPECTIVE ANALYSIS UTLIZING THE BREAST Q QUESTIONNAIRE: DOES BREAST SIZE MATTER? , Gonzales, M, Glickman, L, Simpson, R., accepted for publication Annals of Plastic Surgery, February 2012.
- THE USE OF TISSUE EXPANDERS FOR RESURFACING OF THE PENIS FOR HYPOSPADIUS CRIPPLES, Mir, T., Hanna, M, Simpson, R., UROLOGY, Accepted for publication August 2011.
- MANAGEMENT OF BURNS OF THE UPPER EXTREMITY, Simpson RL, In: REHABILITATION OF THE HAND AND UPPER EXTREMITY, Amadio, P., ed. 6th edition, Elsevier, 2011.
- SUBUNGUAL EXOSTOSIS OF THE FINGER WITH NAIL PLATE INDUCTION, Nowillo, K and Simpson, R., HAND, September 11, 2009, Electronic Publication.
- ULNAR POLYDACTYLY WITH RETROGRADE DEVELOPMENT AND SYNOSTOSIS: CASE REPORT, J. Ridha, R. Simpson, JOURNAL OF HAND SURGERY, 2008:33A:1872-1872
- BURNS, in Manual of Critical Care, ed. S. Raoof, American College of Physicians, McGraw Hill 2008, New York.
- CARE OF THE THERMALLY INJURED BREAST, Ortega, Riina, Davenport, et. Al, Wound Repair and Regeneration, 12(2), 2004.
- LEONARD R. RUBIN, MD, R. Simpson, PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, 109(3): 1206-07, 2002.
- MANAGEMENT OF BURNS OF THE UPPER EXTREMITY, R. Simpson, M. Gartner, In: REHABILITATION OF THE HAND, E. Mackin, et.al., St. Louis, C.V. Mosby Company, 2002.
- USING LOWER EYELID FASIAL SLINGS FOR RECALCITRANT BURN ECTROPION, de la Torre, J, Simpson, R, Tenenhaus, M, Bourhill, I. Ann Plast Surg: 46(6): 621-4, 2001.
- BURN INJURY IN KITCHEN WORKERS: A CAUSE FOR PREVENTION, L. Riina, R. Simpson, O. Gudjonnson, et.al., JOURNAL OF BURN CARE AND REHABILITATION 21(6):563-4, 2000.
- THE SEARCH FOR THE NEUROCRANIAL PATHWAYS TO THE FIFTH NERVE NUCLEUS IN REANIMATION OF THE PARALYZED FACE, L. Rubin, P. Rubin, R.Simpson, et.al., PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, 103(6):1725-8, 1999.
- A NEW NERVE GRAFTING TECHNIQUE: THE MULTIUNIT GRAFT, J. De la Torre, L. Glickman, R. Simpson, PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, 103(2):742, 1999.
- TREATMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF THE BURNED HAND, Panel Discussion, M. Saldana, R. Simpson, J. Petro, P. Fillion, Hand Surgery Quarterly, Summer 1998.
- COMPLETE DIGITAL DUPLICATION: A CASE REPORT AND REVIEW OF ULNAR POLYDACTYLY, J. de la Torre, R. Simpson, ANNALS of PLASTIC SURGERY 40(1):76,1998.
- CROSS FACIAL NERVE GRAFTING FOR FACIAL REANIMATION: EFFECT ON NORMAL HEMIFACE MOTION, L. Glickman, R. Simpson, JOURNAL OF RECONSTRUCTIVE MICROSURGERY, 12(3):201-2, 1996.
- FORMIC ACID INHALATION INJURY: A CASE REPORT, J. Yelon, R. Simpson, O. Gudjonsson, JOURNAL OF BURN CARE AND REHABILITATION 17(3):241-2, 1996.
- THE NEW DEEP PLANE FACELIFT DISSECTIONS vs. THE OLD SUPERFICIAL TECHNIQUES: A COMPARISON OF NEUROLOGIC COMPLICATIONS, L. Rubin, R. Simpson, and O. Gudjonsson, PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, 97(7): 1461-5, 1996.
- MULTIPLE NERVE COMPRESSION AND THE “DOUBLE CRUSH SYNDROME”, R. Simpson and S. Fern, Orthopedic Clinics of North America, 27 (2): 381-8, 1996.
- POST-BURN “PSEUDOBOUTONNIERE” DEFORMITY, R. Simpson, in TECHNICAL TIPS FOR HAND SURGERY, M. Kasdan, P. Amadio, and W. Bowers, eds., St. Louis, C. V. Mosby Company, 1994.
- WRIST BLOCK ANESTHESIA, L. Marini, R. Simpson, NYSSA SPHERE, 44 (2):16, 1992.
- THE USE OF TISSUE EXPANDERS IN RECONSTRUCTIVE UPPER EXTREMITY SURGERY, R. Simpson, THE HAND, vol 5, R. Toubiana, ed., Philadelphia , W.B. Saunders, 1998.
- THE BURNED SMALL FINGER, R. Simpson, M. Flaherty, CLINICS IN PLASTIC SURGERY, R. Salisbury, ed., Burn Rehabilitation and Reconstruction, 19 (3):673, 1992.
- DIAGNOSING THE SITE OF FACIAL NERVE LESION BY ANATOMICAL LOCATION, R. Simpson, In: THE PARALYZED FACE, L. Rubin, ed., St Louis, C. V. Mosby Company, 1991.
- ANATOMY OF THE FACIAL NERVE, R. Simpson, In: THE PARALYZED FACE, L. Rubin, ed., St. Louis, C. V. Mosby Company, 1991.
- LATE RECONSTRUCTION OF THE BURNED PALM IN CHILDREN, R. Simpson, PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, 82(4):728, 1988.
- REANIMATION OF THE LONG STANDING PARTIAL FACIAL PARALYSIS, L. Rubin, G. Lee, R. Simpson, PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, 77(1):41-50, 1986.
- SURGERY OF THE ARTHRITIC THUMB, R. Simpson, J. Kassimir, NCMC PROCEEDINGS, 13(2):22-30, 1986.
- CAUSTIC BURNS FROM CONTACT WITH WET CEMENT, S. Early, R. Simpson, JAMA, 254(4):528-529, 1985.
- COLLAGEN AS A BIOMATERIAL, R. Simpson, In: Rubin L.R. ed. BIOMATERIALS IN PLASTIC SURGERY, St. Louis: C. V. Mosby Co., 1982.
- USE OF THE LANDE-EDWARDS MEMBRANE OXYGENATOR AS ARTIFICIAL LUNGS (translated from French), P. Vanderhoeft, P. DeFrancquen, R. Simpson, et.al.; ACTA CHIRURGICA BELGICA, 74(1):82-5, 1975.
- BUBBLE OXYGENATOR ON BYPASS vs. ALLOTRANSPLANTED LUNGS, P. Vanderhoeft, P. DeFrancquen, Y. Carpentier, R. Simpson, M. Sarezky, S. Degre, H. Otte, J. Kraynak, D. Jacobovitz, ACTA CARDIOLOGICA, 28: 615-624, 1973.
- ARTIFICIAL LUNG vs. ALLOTRANSPLANTED LUNGS AFTER ACUTE PULMONARY HYPERTENSION (EXPERIMENTAL), P. Vanderhoeft, P. DeFrancquen, A. Dubois, Y. Carpentier, N. Lauvau, A. Gyhra, S. Degre, R. Simpson, M. Sarezky, L. Brickman; EUROPEAN SURGICAL RESEARCH, 4:363-364, 1972.
- METABOLISM AND HEMODYNAMICS OF EXPERIMENTAL TRANSPLANTATION OF TWO LUNGS “EN BLOC” USING EXTRACORPOREAL CIRCULATION (translated from French), P. Vanderhoeft, A. Dubois, S. Degre, M. Sarezky, R. Simpson; ACTA CHIRURGICA BELGICA, 70:647-652, 1971.
View Our Locations
- Brooklyn – Park Slope
- East Hills
- Garden City
- Manhattan Uptown