Haritha B. Veeramachaneni, MD
Dr. Haritha B. Veeramachaneni (Dr. Veera) is a Los Angeles trained, board-certified plastic surgeon. She performs a wide range of cosmetic plastic surgical procedures including breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, and abdominoplasty. She also specializes in complex hand and wrist injuries, nerve repair, and nerve compression treatment. Dr. Veera specializes in breast reconstructive surgery, with an interest in nipple sparing reconstructions after breast cancer surgery. She has been invited to share her work in this topic at regional and national meetings.
Dr. Veera received her undergraduate degree with high honors from Duke University. She completed medical school at Vanderbilt University on a prestigious full tuition, merit-based Canby Robinson Society Scholarship. Next, Dr. Veera completed her Residency in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles followed by internationally renowned fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at the C.M. Kleinert Institute in Louisville, Kentucky.
Follow Dr. Veera
Dr. Veera has volunteered extensively with Operation Smile to help raise money to provide free operations to children with craniofacial deformities. While in medical school, she traveled on a craniofacial mission to Qujing, China, assisting in patient screenings and surgical operations. She was one of several hundred medical school applicants chosen for this unique mission.
She is active with state and national advocacy efforts to improve healthcare access and is an officer on the executive council of the NY State Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Dr. Veera is an award winning dancer with over 25 years of training and experience in the Indian classical dance, Kuchipudi. In her free time, she enjoys reading, SCUBA diving, cooking, and spending time with her husband and three children.
5 Star Patient Rating
I’m so glad I was referred to Dr. V. Before going to her office, she called me to introduce herself and what she’s specialized in. Right there I knew I was in good care. She is very caring and professional, and so is her staff. I was so nervous at first because I had breast cancer, and I was told I had to remove both of my breasts. She told me step by step what was going to happen. She made me feel at ease and told me I’d be okay. I’m cancer free now with my new beautiful implants! I kept thanking her to let her know I appreciate everything she did for me and am so grateful. If anyone needed any type of reconstruction, Dr V is the one to go to. She is an amazing and outstanding surgeon.
Real Patient Testimonial
- 2013-2014: C.M. Kleinert Fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery, Louisville KY
- 2012-2013: University of Southern California, Los Angeles County Hospital, Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery
- 2007-2013: University of Southern California, Residency Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Los Angeles CA
- 2003-2007: Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville TN
- 1999-2002: Undergraduate – Duke University, Durham NC. B.S. Biology, Magna Cum Laude
- New York Times, Super Doctors Rising Stars, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor NY Metro Area 2020-2023
- Canby Robinson Society Scholarship – a four-year, full tuition, merit based scholarship to Vanderbilt Medical School
- 2006: Operation Smile- Fundraising and Mission Volunteer- Envisioned, organized, and performed 2 solo dance concerts raising a total of $4,700.00 in net proceeds for Operation Smile, an international charity performing free operations for children with craniofacial deformities.
- One out of several hundred medical school applicants selected to attend craniofacial mission to Qujing, China. Participated in patient screenings and surgical operations
- Sankara Eye Foundation, international non-profit performing free cataract surgeries- Choreographed and performed dance routine for Mission for Vision Charity concert, Los Angeles CA. 11/2008
Selected Research Experience
- 2003: Edward H Benenson Award – Duke Institute of the Arts, a competitive and fully funded grant to study advanced dance theory for three months in India.
- 2004: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center – Summer Research Fellow. One of nearly 250 medical school applicants selected to prestigious fulltime summer fellowship. Completed retrospective analysis of brain sparing radiotherapy in neuroblastoma patients.
Publications / Presentations
- New Method of Mallet Fracture Fixation using a Hook Plate Yields Good Anatomic Alignment and Function. Accepted Abstract for American Association for Hand Surgery Annual Meeting Jan 2013
- New Method of Flexor Tenosynovitis Treatment Results in Less Post-operative Pain and Earlier Range of Motion. Podium presentation at the 2012 American Association for Hand Surgery Annual Meeting Jan 2012
- Ellis CV, Francis CS, Kane JT, VeeramachaneniH, Schooler W. Evaluating approaches to a cadaver-based surgical education curriculum for carpal tunnel release. Poster Presentation at American Association of Hand Surgery Annual Meeting. Las Vegas, NV, Jan 11-14 2012.
- Massive Lumbosacral Defects Treated With Distant Pedicled Flaps. Podium presentation at the California Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS) 61st Annual Meeting May 27-30th 2011.
- Correlation between Resident Microsurgical Success and Selection of a Microsurgical Career. Podium Presentation at the Southern California American College of Surgeons March 2012.
- Brain-sparing radiotherapy for neuroblastoma skull metastases. Wolden SL, Barker CA, Kushner BH, Bodduluri H, Della-Biancia C, Kramer K, Modak S, Cheung NK. Pediatric Blood Cancer. 2008 Jun;50(6):1163-8.
Other Awards / Accomplishments
- Indian Classical Dance, Kuchipudi Style. Twenty-five years of training and experience. Principal Dancer of the Sri Nutya Art Academy, Vijayawada, India 1998-2004
- Featured artist with commendable reviews in several national and statewide Indian newspapers including The Hindu and Indian Express as well as statewide US newspapers (The Tennessean, Raleigh News and Observer)
- First Prize Grand Winner in Nationwide Classical Dance Competition (Telugu Association of North America), Los Angeles 1997.
View Our Locations
- Garden City
- East Hills