The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) ensures the highest quality of standards in the Operating Room. We are reevaluated every 3 years during an onsite survey. LIPSG is proud to report that the Operating Rooms in our Garden City facility achieved re-accreditation. By meeting 100% of the already high standards that AAAASF has set, it assures the public that patient safety is our top priority.
This initiative is led by a strong team of healthcare professionals, including Dr. Barry Douglas, the Facility Medical Director, Teresa Barroca MSN, RN, CPSN, Director of Nursing, and Debbie Rapuano BSN, RN, CPSN, OR Nurse Manager.
“AAAASF demonstrates our commitment as a practice to pursuing accreditation and our dedication to safety and standardization,” said Teresa Barroca. “Patient safety always has been and continues to be paramount for the LIPSG establishment.”
The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities:
- holds outpatient and office-based facilities to hospital standards.
- requires surgeons to be board certified and have hospital privileges for any procedure they perform.
- requires the use of anesthesia professionals for deeper levels of anesthesia.
- requires a safe and clean surgical environment that meets stringent standards.
- requires peer review (peer oversight) and tracks data for thousands of individual cases.
- works closely with facilities and provides help throughout the accreditation process.
- champions patient safety worldwide and has for nearly 40 years.
Congratulations to the LIPSG OR team in maintaining the AAAASF standard of excellence.