Laurence T. Glickman, MD, MSc, FRCS(C), FACS
Dr. Laurence T. Glickman is a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in cosmetic surgery procedures, including breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and liposuction, as well as maxillofacial reconstruction and peripheral nerve reconstruction. In addition to being a partner at Long Island Plastic Surgical Group, he is currently the Medical Director of its Deep Blue Med Spa since 2014.
Dr. Glickman received his MD in 1982, and subsequently his Masters in Experimental Surgery in 1985 from Montreal’s McGill University. In 1987, he completed his General Surgical training at McGill University’s Montreal General Hospital and in that same year was board-certified in General Surgery by the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. Glickman then traveled to Nassau County Medical Center to complete advanced residency training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery followed by a Maxillofacial and Peripheral Nerve Surgery fellowship year at Sunnybrook Medical Center in 1989. He joined Long Island Plastic Surgical Group (LIPSG) in 1991.
Throughout his career, Dr. Glickman has served as president of LIPSG, president of the Nassau Surgical Society, and president and board member of Project Morry, a non-profit camp for adolescents which he continues to support as an honorary board member today. He is also the President of the Plastic Surgical Division of the Nassau Surgical Society. In 2011, Dr. Glickman received top honors from Consumers Research Council of America when he was named one of America’s Top Surgeons.
Meet Dr. Laurence T. Glickman
Dr. Glickman is an active supporter of ReSurge International, a not-for-profit organization that provides life-changing reconstructive surgeries and builds surgical capacity in developing countries. In addition, he devotes his time to educating plastic surgery residents in the LIPSG residency program.
5 Star Patient Rating
Dr. Glickman truly changed my life. I had a breast reduction, and from start to finish him and his staff helped me throughout this entire process, including working with my insurance company, and overall making this a seamless process with booking, etc. Dr. Glickman is personable, he is funny, and he made me feel comfortable while undergoing this intensive surgery. I couldn’t be happier with my results, not only did he help relieve my chronic back pain, but in the process I gained more confidence with myself. Thank you Dr. Glickman!
Real Patient Testimonial
- 1984-1985: M.Sc., McGill University; Montreal, Canada
- 1978-1982: M.D., McGill University; Montreal, Canada
- 1973-1977: B.A., Hamilton College; Clinton, New York
- 1989-1990: Fellowship: Peripheral Nerve & Maxillofacial Surgery, Sunnybrooke Health Science Centre, University of Toronto; Toronto, Canada
- 1987-1989: Residency: Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Nassau County Medical Center & SUNY Stony Brook; East Meadow, NY
- 1982-1987: Residency: General Surgery, Montreal General Hospital & McGill University; Montreal, Canada
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Burn Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Headache Society
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Delta Kappa Epsilon – National Fraternity
- Nassau County Medical Society
- Nassau Surgical Society
- New York Regional Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
Honors & Awards
- New York Times, Super Doctors, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor NY Metro Area 2017 – 2021
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition; Vitals 2012 – 2013
- Patients’ Choice Award; Vitals, 2012 – 2013
- America’s Top Surgeons, Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2002, 2011
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America®, 1994-2010
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who, 2003
- The Dr. Steve Show, WPIX “Anti-Age Treatments,” March 2012
- Newsday Long Island “Tattoo Removal,” March 2012
- Plastic Surgery Practice Magazine “On the State of Hand Reconstruction”, April 2010
- Plastic Surgery Practice Blog “Nip Tuck Gets it Wrong Again”, January 2010
- Plastic Surgery Practice Magazine “Following New Paths in Breast Reconstruction”, October 2008
- Discovery Health Channel: Plastic Surgery New York Style
- Newsday Long Island “Forever Young”, June 2001
- Melendez, M. Dellon, L., Glickman, L. Peroneal Nerve Compression in Figure Skaters, Clin.Res. Foot Ankle 1:1, 2013
- Shteynberg, A., Sayeed, S., Riina, L. Glickman, L., Simpson, L. “Ultrasound Guided Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve (LFCN) Block: Safe and Simple Anesthesia for Harvesting Skin Grafts.” (in press)
- Gonzalez, M., Glickman, LT, Quality of Life after Breast Reduction Surgery : A 10 year Retrospective Analysis Utilizing the Breast Q Questionnaire: Does breast size matter, Ann Plas Surg. 2012: 69:361-363
- Sayeed, S., Glickman, L.T., Management of Recurrent Ischemic Fasciitis, A Rare Soft Tissue Pseudosarcoma, ( Submitted)
- Najera.R, Asheld,W., Sayeed, S. Glickman,L.T., Comparison of Seroma Formation following Abdominoplasty with or without Liposuction, Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 127: 417, 2011.
- Shteynberg, A. , Sayeed, S., Riina,L., Glickman L., Simpson, R., Ultrasound Guided Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve (LFCN) Block: Reliable and Safe Anesthesia for Harvesting Skin Grafts. Journal of Burn Care & Research. March 2010 (Vol 31; Issue 2; p. S61)
- Mir, T, Layliev, J, Glickman, L. T. Massive Spontaneous Hematoma from Chronic Enoxaparin (Lovenox) Use, Plast. Reconstr.Surg. 126: 209 e, 2010.
- Danielpour, P., Glickman, L.T., Scar Endometriosis-A Rare Cause for a Painful Scar-A Case Report and Review of the Literature, Can. J. Plas. Surg. 18: 19, 2010.
- Koumanis, DJ, Glickman LT, Facial Neurothekeoma in a 10-year-old child, Can.J. Plast. Surg. 2007; 15(3): 175-177
- Riina, L.H., Simpson, R.L., Gudjonsson, O., Glickman, L.T., Harris, S.U., Johnson, D.,Ginocchio, M.: Burn Injury in Kitchen Workers: A Cause for Precaution. J. Burn Care Rehabilitation. 2000, 21(6) 563-564.
- De la Torre, J., Glickman, L.T., Simpson, R.L.: A New Nerve Grafting Technique: The Multigraft Unit, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 1999, 103 (2):742.
- Glickman, L.T., Simpson, R.L.: Cross Facial Nerve Grafting for Facial Reanimation: Effects on Normal Hemiface Motion, J. Reconstructive Microsurgery 12:99, 1996.
- Glickman, L.T., Rubin, I., Douglas, B.K., Gold, A.H., Irradiated Cartilage Grafts in Rhinoplasty: A Preliminary Report: Canadian J. Plastic Surgery: 5A, 1994.
- Glickman, L.T., Brewer, B.W.: Extensor Digitorum Brevis Manus: Report of a Case and Treatment Planning, Canadian J. Plastic Surgery.1 (2): 95-96, 1994.
- Glickman, L.T., Lee, G.W.: The Modified Open Rhinoplasty, Canadian J. Plastic Surgery 1:131- 136, 1993.
- Glickman, L.T., McCabe, S.J., Murray, J.F.: Osteoid Osteoma of the Hamate, Report of a Case Review of the Literature, Annals of Plastic Surgery, 31:87-90, 1993.
- MacKinnon, S.E., Glickman, L.T., Dagum, A.: A Technique for the Treatment of Neuroma Incontinuity, Journal of Reconstruction Microsurgery, 85:379 – 383, 1992.
- Glickman, L.T., Gruss, J.S., Birt, B.D., Kohil-Dang, N.: The Surgical Management of Melkersson-Rosenthal Syndrome. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 89:815 – 821, 1992.
- Glickman, L.T., MacKinnon, S.E., Rao, T.V., McCabe, S.J.: Continuous Intravenous Regional Anesthesia, J. Hand Surgery. 17A: 82 – 6, 1992.
- McCabe, S.J., Mizgala, C., Glickman, L.T.: The Measurement of Cold Sensitivity in the Hand, J. Hand Surgery: 16A 1037 – 1040, 1991.
- Glickman, L.T., MacKinnon, S.E.: Sensory Recovery Following Digital Replantation, Microsurgery 11:236-242, 1990.
- Fried, G.M., Suissa, S., Glickman, L.T., Huckell, C.: Determinants of Mortality in Surgically Treated Acute Small Bowel Obstruction, Can. J. Surgery. 31(4), 280, 1988 (abstract).
- Glickman, L.T., Suissa, S., Fleiszer, D.M.: The Proliferative Characteristics of Colonic Crypt Cells in C57B1/6J and A/J, Mice as Predictors of Subsequent Tumor Formation, Cancer Research 47:5766 – 5770, 1987.
- Glickman, L.T., Senterman, M.K., Fleiszer, D.M.: 1, 2 – Dimethylhydrazine Induced Nuclear Aberrations in C57B1/6J and A/J, Mice as Predictors of Subsequent Tumor Formation, J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 79: 499 – 507, 1987.
- Glickman, L.T., Senterman, M.K., Fleiszer, D.M.: The Nuclear Aberration Index Assay as a Market for Colonic Carcinogen Exposure, Current Surgery. 43 (5): 410 – 413, 1986.
- Karam, P.G., Novick, R.J., Glickman, L.T., Blundell, P.E.: Right Hemothorax: An Unusual Presentation of Ruptured Infrarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Canada J. Surgery. 29: 133-134, 1986.
- Glickman, L.T., Fleiszer, D.M.: The Proliferative Characteristics of Colonic Crypt Cells as Predictors of Subsequent Tumor Formation, Surgical Forum 36: 405 – 408, 1985.
View Our Locations
- Garden City
- Manhattan Midtown
- Manhattan Uptown
- East Hills
- Brooklyn – Park Slope